Times have changed.
Here is what a detox SHOULD help you achieve and also some ideas as to what the benefits are AFTER you have finished it.
- Detoxes should not deprive you of nutrients. Rather they should do the opposite. Eat healthy, organic wholefoods. Lots of green leafy veges, healthy protein, carbohydrates from veges and fruit and nothing processed (ie. eat fresh salmon, not tinned tuna). I have found the MOST important part of a detox is seeing the excitement when people discover new foods and don't want to go back to their old way of eating. We feel amazing eating all those nutrient dense foods that are low in sugar.
- Herbal supplements should be prescribed by a qualified naturopath. You could seriously be wasting money by just going to your local pharmacy and buying products that are well marketed and not well researched. Herbs such as #StMary'sThistle help liver cells regenerate, replacing old cells with new healthy functioning ones. This improves liver function, helps digestion and helps detoxify via the liver.
- YES! You can get rid of heavy metals, bad bacteria, yeast infections and reset your metabolism to feel great. You can use supplements to chelate heavy metals and take them out of your body. A wonderful side effect of detoxes is often #Weightloss.
- #Applecidervinegar is a great way to start the day. Buy the murky kind with sediment at the bottom to help digestion, regulate blood sugar levels and feed healthy bacteria (vinegar is a prebiotic - prebiotics feed good bacteria = great digestion)
- With all the money you have saved not buying alcohol and bad food, get regular massages! Buy a new bike! Invest in a personal trainer.
- People ask me 'but what about after the detox? What then? Just back to normal life?' I promise you this (from experience I know this to be true) : You will not WANT to go back to eating bad food. Most people feel so good, their symptoms such as #IBS #headaches #fatigue have gone. They tell me they can not handle pizza/bread/pasta any more and now eat these things only very occasionally. They are totally hooked on feeling good and therefore continue healthy habits they picked up while doing detox.
So, gone are the days of juice diets and food deprivation when it comes to detoxifying your body. Detox is something to look forward to as you treat your entire body to a holiday from junk and stress.
Yours in health,