- Put on muscle. Muscle burns fat so a few forty minute workouts involving weights at the gym a week will help you get strong and burn fat. Also you will look really cool.
- Eat protein with every meal. Protein includes meats, seafood, eggs, nuts and seeds, tofu, cheeses and legumes. Protein helps to put on muscle and... (see point 1). Proteins also help stabilise blood sugar levels which will decrease our consumption of sugars that ultimately lead to fat gain.
- Drink #greentea as it helps to burn adipose tissue (fat tissue) especially around our waist. It's important to lose this fat in particular because it's so close to our liver and heart. What happens when the fat stores around our waist are all taken up? The fat gets stored dangerously around the liver and heart.
- Try to decrease stress as much as possible. Stress is inflammatory and inflammation is an acidic response. Fat burning is also an acidic response. This means when our body is inflammed due to stress it is trying its best to get back to an alkaline state. It wont burn fat effectively because burning fat is acidic and it wants to be alkaline. You can decrease stress by exercising gently (weights, walks, yoga etc) and if like me, you can not sit still long enough to meditate, try guided meditation. Please post a comment for some guided meditation links.
- Don't eat a lot of refined sugar. Don't add it to your coffee or eat a lot of ice cream, biscuits and cake. Use stevia instead that tastes like sugar but is not actually sugar. Unused sugar is turned to fat that can make us feel lethargic and cause further health complications.
If you would like to know more about tips on #healthymetabolism keep reading this blog over the next ten weeks. It's something I'm really passionate about and it's fairly easy to make gradual improvements.
Yours in health