My patients know, tahini is my favourite food of all time. Here I've just eaten black tahini and I'm sharing this glamorous photo for a reason. Show your children this photo and say 'look at the pirate teeth! Do you want pirate teeth?!' 'YES!' Of course your kids want black looking, funny looking pirate teeth! This is a great way to get your kids eating a healthy food - make it fun! Please note: tahini doesn't stain your teeth, this is only straight after eating it!
Nutrients in tahini include
- Selenium for healthy immune system
- zinc for immune system, cell repair, insulin production
- iron for energy
- calcium for cell signalling and strong bones
- magnesium for blood sugar stabilisation, neurotransmission and to relax tense muscles
- high in protein
- high in unsaturated good fat (essential in weight loss and general health)
Breakfast today: palm sized portion of salmon and rocket salad with lemon juice
Snacks: crushed walnuts and blueberries in 1/4 cup of yogurt, one serve for morning tea and one at afternoon tea.
Lunch: Two hard boiled eggs, butter and garlic sauteed silver beet
Dinner: pumpkin soup with sliced beef
Exercise: interval training for 1/2 hour
Fluids: 1 litre of water, peppermint tea and rosehip tea
Supplements: multivitamin, probiotic, fish oil and iron tablet.
Thoughts and feelings: Not long to go now. Tomorrow I will write about healthy maintenance of the weight you want to be.