Tomorrow is the last day of my weight loss blog. I've achieved my 65kg goal and 77cm waist measurement. So what happens next?
- I'm going to cut my carbohydrates every day. Stick to a rice cake in the morning with spinach and poached egg, can of tuna or some tahini. A rice cake has 10g of carbs as opposed to a slice of bread with 30g.
- Keep up the fresh leafy greens with lunch and dinner
- Protein with every meal of course!
- nuts and seeds make great snacks. So does a piece of fruit, veges and hummus and hard boiled egg
- Keep taking apple cider vinegar every day (see my post on apple cider vinegar as to reasons why)
- keep my carbohydrates (brown rice, spelt bread, rice cakes, quinoa) to one 30g serve a day. This means one rice cake in the morning + 1/2 cup brown rice for lunch, or one piece of spelt bread for breakfast and no more carbs for the day.
- Occasionally (i.e. once a month or so) demolish a pizza.
Breakfast today: one rice cake with tuna
Lunch: Left over grenadier salad (how much do work colleagues love you when you heat up fish at work ;))
snacks: 3 pieces of 80% dark chocolate (more on the benefits of dark chocolate next week) and an orange
Dinner: salmon avocado salad
Fluids: 1 litre of water, dandelion tea and peppermint tea
Supplements: probiotic, multivitamin, iron tablet, fish oil
Thoughts and feelings: I achieved this weight through discipline.. but most importantly, through incredible, delicious, healthy food. I appreciate the fact that some people find my love of tahini strange, that my excitement over rocket salad might leave some perplexed. But if you join in and work towards health, you will definitely be converted. I've had construction workers come in and I've encouraged them with much hilarity to eat tofu. And they've eaten it and loved it (premarinted tofu - baby steps people). Once you have a healthy metabolism you WILL crave good food, I know this because my patients have actually confessed to me that they originally thought 'yeah, right...' but now can't get enough salad or enough of the good stuff. Stay tuned for my final post in my weight loss blog tomorrow. After tomorrow I will be going back to weekly blogs on all things health.
Yours in health